I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%!
Horton Hears a Who
-Dr. Suess

Friday, October 22, 2010

Digital Storytelling in the Media Center


This week we had to create a presentation about how we might use Digital Storytelling to benefit our students. I have had an idea for a while to have my students create Book Talks that I can show on the television that is mounted in the Media Center.  I think this is a good project because it not only encourages my students to read; it requires them to practice their writing and public speaking skills.

I decided to try out Prezi since I am a long time PowerPoint user. I found it very user friendly. I watched the three short videos provided on the Prezi site and they gave me all the basic tools I needed to create my first presentation. I added the text to represent my ideas, inserted some graphics and even framed some of my text and pictures. I decided to include a video that would represent the type of project my students might turn in and it was as easy as cutting and pasting. Finally, I chose the path the presentation would take and what information my viewer would see and in what order. 

I look forward to teaching my fellow faculty members and my students this user-friendly presentation software.

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of book talks. I thnk the students would love to be involved in this type of actvity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Talks being shown in the media center sounds like a great idea for the kids. I'm sure they'll love getting attention for being on the tv. :)
    I think Prezi will also be very well received by students. So many people are bored with the traditional PowerPoint presentations that I think they will jump on the Prezi bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete